Vice-Chair, Research & Reconciliation
George Miller was a founding member of the Kaska Dena Council, which was established in 1981. In 1982, George was elected as the first Vice-Chair of Kaska Dena Council to the position of Finance & Administration. In 2008, he was elected to the position of Chair of the Kaska Dena Council, where he served until 2018. In 2021, George was elected to the position of Vice-Chair of Research & Reconciliation.
George has been involved in numerous positions within the Kaska Nation over the last 30 years, including:
- President of United Native Nations Local #143
- Deputy Chief of Liard River Indian Reserve #3. The Hereditary Chief & Council were the governing body of the Liard First Nation and Liard River Indian Reserve #3
- Vice-Tribal Chief/General Manager/Economic Advisor of the Kaska Tribal Council
- General Manager/Acting CEO of two companies, Kayeh Nan Petroleum Inc., and Iyon Kechika Contracting Ltd. These companies offered services to the oil & gas industry within the Kaska Traditional Territory
- Economic Advisor/Kwadacha Natural Resource Agency